Minirasex microcement shower: application above the tiles.
Labour done in Ciserano, Bergamo province, Lombardy.
In this article, we'll show you a video and describe the complete application process of microcement coating above old tiles.
- We start with the tiles grindin with a diamond disc polishing machine for better adhesion with our material. Then, we eliminate the residual dust.
- After that we prepare the Minirasex microcement primer and apply it on the reinforcing net.
- For the floor we use Umifond 3C primer. We mesh it well and apply on the reinforcing net.
- After 12-24 hours, our first layer has dried. We grind it (80 grain) and remove dust from the surface.
- Then, we apply the first Minirasex Base layer, adding the colour according to our colour chart. We prepare the purple colour. We add the right amount of dry pigment in the dry Minirasex A component . We mix the dry mesh and then add it , according to the proportion, to the (wet) Minirasex B (Minilatex) component. We apply Viola colour on the wall and on the floor.
- After that we apply the first layer of grey coloured Minirasex Base on the two remaining walls.
- After drying of the first layer (6-24 hours) we grind it and remove any remaining dust from the surface.
- We apply the second layer of grey coloured Minirasex Base with the help of a spatula to create different effects on each of the walls. The customer liked grey colour more and has decided to make all the walls in grey. No problem.
- After drying of the second layer (6-24 hours) we grind it, remove any remaining dust from the surface and apply the third layer of a finer grain microcement to give a smoother look the surface. So we apply the grey coloured Minirasex Fine microcement on the walls and on the floor. And then create effects on all the walls and the floor with the help of spatula.
- After drying, we grind (150-300 grain) and remove the dust.
- Then, we apply with felt roller two layers of a transparent Metalcril35 finish. Before the application of the second layer, the first layer must dry for not less than 8-24 hours.
- In the end after drying of the second layer, we apply two layers of protective Apsewax wax with a felt cloth. The second layer is applied after complete drying of the first, ie, not before 6-8 hours.
The whole cycle of application took 4 days. The result is visible on photos and videos.